Sunday, May 10, 2009

Put Them All Together They Spell...


I was going to try to think up some brillz revision to the Eddy Arnold 'M-O-T-H-E-R' song, but despite how inspired I am by how AMAZING my mother is, I am sort of dragging ass.
SO - I'm going to post the lyrics here from Eddy's song...because there's a good chance I couldn't really have done much better!

"M" is for the mercy she possesses "O" means that I owe her all I own "T" is for her tender, sweet caresses "H" is for her hands that made a home "E" means ev'rything she's done to help me "R" means real and regular, you see Put them all together they spell MOTHER, a word that means the world to me.

You see, my mom is pretty much the most amazing person in the world to me.
I'm learning this more and more as I get older. I'm so proud to be her daughter and proud of the life that she made for us.

It's funny, over 20 years ago, we had a pretty tough Mother's Day.
Long story short...I got run over by a car and my mom's ex-boyfriend shot at us with a semi-automatic weapon. Yeah. On the same day...

Those were scary times.
I'm fairly certain my mom felt the weight of the world on her shoulders...and having an 8 year old kid must have seemed like such a huge responsibility.
But no matter how painful, difficult, transitional, or confusing our lives were...she managed to stay 100% committed to our life and our family.

Life often surprises us with the painful and transitional, but courage, integrity, and love helps us to persevere.
My mom lives by those principles.

So, today...I want to say thank you to my mom. She's such an incredible, hilarious, and loving entity in my life. I'm the luckiest kid ever.

Every part of the adventurer that I am comes from her guidance!

LOVE YOU MOMMA!
xox

No comments: