Sunday, April 18, 2010

Live Fast, Die Young!

Have you been to Venue Bistro?

You should go...
It's on 32nd & Lowell and the menu is dynamite.

The cherry sorbet and persecco cocktails won't hurt your feelings at all...

Go with someone you like - I always choose Baby Spencer because we talk about the intricacies of Weeds, the power of the pamphlet stitch, and DIY culture while getting soused.

Christ, I need a mother effing hair cut!

Spencer had the corned beef hash.

And I hit the benedict HARD!

Best part...I got some close time with my new friend LeVar!
He's super handsome, brilliant beyond all reason, and he's got the kind of sassy attitude that I prefer to hang with!

LeVar is another bad ass Twitter friend...and with any luck, we'll be hanging heavy a lot more in the near future.

LEVAR! You're the sweetest! Thanks for brunch and being amazing!

Pirate graffiti?
Truck driver graffiti?
Hobo graffiti?

When Spencer and I drove up on this car load of girls...they were all totally car dancing their tails off!
I took a picture to remind all of you how fun that is! Riding with your windows down...listening to something poppy...and just letting your arms hang out the windows and laughing!

Our post-brunch destination was this place!
The Denver Shop at 2323 Evans!

Seriously, my lucky number TWICE!
This is a place for me, my friends!

See, Spencer has mentioned a couple of times that he wants to learn how to skateboard before he turns 40.
And clearly, I'm down with learning with him...ADVENTURE!

So, the proprietor, Tony, was more than happy to assist us with our purchases of brand spankin' new decks, trucks, and wheels.
I totally sound like I know what I'm talking about, right?!

Me? I got the Morrissey board.
It's gorgeous.

And what's great about The Denver Shop is that it's not pretentious and no one made us feel like asshole newbies.
Tony was receptive to all our questions, set us up with all the gear we needed, and even threw in discounted safety gear.
Thanks Tony - you're amazing!

Our wheels are clear and beautiful...
Spencer's trucks are silver!

They gripped taped us up!

Nervous happy!

Hello, Moz...I love you.

And what's even cooler about The Denver Shop...is that there are young dudes just hanging heavy there - and even they were giving us guidance and kind advice!
Thanks dudes...you're all super sweet!

White trucks!

I had to give my board a try...in store...

Where I wouldn't eat shit immediately!

I'm so god damn thrilled with this thing!

So, here's the deal...if you're a skater OR if you want to skate - go see Tony and the people at The Denver Shop/Brothers Boards!
Good people, local business, and downright bad ass service!

We hit Cheesman to do a little practicing...per Tony's suggestion.
He said it's good to just familiarize yourself with your board, find where your balance is, and get cozy with your new friend.

Safety is the name of the game with us...
We've got brittle bones!

Choker + hair chest = WIN!

Spencer took these little babies on his iPhone!

Thanks, Baby S! I look cute!

With a little practice, I started off pretty well.
I may be an amateur, but I'm ready to start roaming the city streets on this thing!

Spencer did fall, but I know my time is coming...

It's fun to try something new!
You only live once and you have to push the limits or you'll find yourself regretting that you never did.

As a matter of fact, I'm going outside right now to play with my board some more!
I'll be in the parking lot next to my building - PUSH, PUSH, RIDE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely adorable. I just thought I'd let you know that. Wanna teach me to skate?

Love and kisses!
<3 <3 <3
Jess.

Becky Hensley said...

I think you're adorable too, dearest JBrick!
Will I see you this week?!

Also, once I get this skating thing down, yes...I'll teach you!

xox