Thursday, April 1, 2010

You're Free To Be Always, Always Already Gone

Have you ever just thrown caution to the wind and met up with a bunch of people you don't know?
If you haven't...I suggest you do.
And what I hope for you is that you'll meet people like the people that I met when I took the risk.

Initially, I was nervous...and forced Spencer to join me.
Here's the deal: a handful of the people in these pictures are from Twitter. Now, I was corrected numerous times, by JBrick, that this wasn't an official "TweetUp", but it was something close.

Spencer & I hemmed and hawed, we drank several beers, were on the verge of cold feet - and I had almost convinced myself that we should just go get Chinese food and bail on the whole idea.

Thankfully, we didn't. Tim, who you'll see below - choreographed this whole meet up/Taco Tuesdy, walked straight up to me and dragged our tentative asses into the fray.


I met Grant.
This guy is fucking funny.
Seriously - I was laughing the whole time we sat next to each other!
I love a gentleman with a sense of humor.

Familiar faces.
So, JBrick is a new Twitter friend too, but I've recently learned that I adore her...so, hopefully, she'll be around a lot more often!

Of course, Baby S was there keeping me grounded.

Shaun and Amber!
Amber is a new Twitter friend too...and what I've gleaned so far is she has a razor sharp wit and a pretty formidable dirty mind.
Psyched to learn more, clearly...

Everyone turning away from me.
Weak.
So, from right to left: Bill (?), Evan, Chelsea, and Tim!

That's better!
Chelsea insisted that she pose like this! I would have liked to see her smiling face, but I'll catch her again, hopefully!

Tim - super rad and outrageously hilarious Twitter friend! We have a date to nosh on some serious La Loma green chili in the coming weeks!
Can't wait for him to carry me out of there because I've eaten myself into a gluttonous coma.

Girly and Iliana...
I think! I hope I got your names right! I didn't get to spend a lot of time with you because Grant was hogging the view!

Dustin! New friend - rugged handsome...right?

Oh, by the way, it was Grant's birthday!
He's was out of control - in the very best way!

So, yeah...we hung heavy.
We got to know each other...

We drank margaritas...

We b0nded...

And we laughed our asses off.
Clearly, my kind of get down!

Apparently, at some point, Grant's going to show me some Zelda themed tattoo he has on his ass or something...

Seriously...HOW CUTE IS DUSTIN!?

Okay. All my friends are pretty damn cute.

We ate at Benny's...by the way.
It was it's normal awesome!

And as the whole thing wound down, I realized how grateful I was to Tim for yanking us from our tidy uncomplicated corner of the bar and forcing us into this insane good time.

Yeah, it was that kind of party.

My only regret? That I didn't get a pic of my sister from another mister Sandy!
We share the same last name...and she's R to the A to the D.

Bring on the next Taco Tuesday, bitches!

3 comments:

SHensley said...

Didn't know this was your 1st time meeting up with Twitter peeps IRL. I'm fairly new to that experience, too, but it's been fabulous every time! Hope to see you again soon, sis! :)

Becky Hensley said...

Sandy! OMG! First, super CRAZY bummed that I didn't get a pic of you! We shall rectify that, yes?!

Also, you posted like three comments that said the same thing...so, I confirmed one of them.
Hope that's okay!

Glad to meet you lady! More of you, please and thank you!
xox

Kendall said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I remember Dustin from a night of karaoke. What is his twitter name? Would love to stay connected with that guy!

@ideasurge