Sunday, February 1, 2009

Let's Leave Her Here

My mom just bought a new house.

It's my new house too.

It's like a dream house.
At least it's the house that she's been dreaming about for the past year and a half.
I love when dreams get to come true.

Moving is a hassle.
Especially when you have a surplus of kitchen stuff.

Mom's Plains Dairy collection.

Glassware.

Bar glasses from my grandfather's bar - The Midway in Rawlins, WY

I love this kind of stuff.
This is a piece of the vertical blinds.
One of the kids that used to live in my mom's new house did this.
Scooby Doo stickers and doodles in pencil - I particularly love that "Smile" with the fancy S and the "I heart ?".

Nostalgia.

This is Judy - my first babydoll.
She has a faux hawk.

This is Debbie - favorite babydoll.

And this doll's name is Becky.
My aunt made this doll for me - it's supposed to be me.

Becky's seen better days - her face is a little stained...
Not so much different from the real Becky.

When was the last time you had to fix a cassette tape?
Incidentally, this is a ZZ Top tape. I love ZZ Top.
And that song 'Rough Boy' is pretty awesome.

No one's blaming you, pal.

Menards.
I hate saying Menards.
Actually, I hate typing it too.

There's interesting things in Menards.




And I'll tell you some other time about my why my mom has a skull in her family room.

6 comments:

Chris said...

I love those colored bulbs! I need to get me some.

Menard's. Jesus. That took me right back into the middle of the Midwest on tour last summer. We had a running joke using "Menard's." As in, "It's real hot and sweaty . . . in Menard's." You can use it in many sentences. It's particularly hilarious when suffering from road delirium. We died out in the middle of somewhere when we stopped at a gas station and there was a sign for a job offering that said, "Apply in person at . . . Menard's."

Get it? Bwa ha ha!

Becky Hensley said...

AH!

Okay, so I'll admit...I didn't get it right away...
And I only got it when I said the sentences out loud.

But now I know why I don't like saying Menards!
It was subconsciously plaguing me!

xox

Spencer D. C. Keralis said...

Those bar glasses are fantastic. I want to have a cocktail in them right now!! (Yeah, it's 8:13, but screwdrivers are for breakfast.)

Becky Hensley said...

What I wouldn't give for a bloody mary, breakfast burrito, and a trip to Central City.

xox

Maura said...

I'm afraid of your dolls...
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

Ah! Don't be afraid! They are sweet babies!

Fine companions!

xox