Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who'd Fall in Love with a Chicken with its Head Cut Off?

Just a few things...

Go see this! SO GOOD and perfectly dark!
It was beautifully made and visually astonishing.

One night visitor...

Robert Frederick Glassford slept over on the air mattress and watched Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! with me until we got too sleepy!
We share a mutual crush on Zach Galiafinakis...also, Robb hadn't been to a Wendy's in a decade, he said.
He had a number 1.

I took this picture to remind me to go here.
One should never forget a place that talks up it's breakfast burritos.
NEVER.

Damascus Grill - Littleton, CO.
Strawberry Mango juice and mood music - it doesn't get better than that!

And it only got better - Creamy dream hummus.
And their falafel is PERFECT.

Go there...Littleton has secrets too!

I'm distracted. Chicken with my head cut off.

7 comments:

Chris said...

I loved Coraline. I love Neil Gaiman.

I just got back from The Wrestler. I'm feeling really depressed now. I might write about it on my stupid blog, I don't know.

Becky Hensley said...

I've never really read any Gaiman, but I'm game for it now!

I'd like to see The Wrestler - I'm a huge Aronofsky fan, and Mickey Rourke resurgence pleases me to no end.

xox

Chris said...

Gaiman flat rules. I know you love the young adult fiction -- read his latest, The Graveyard Book. It won the Newbery Award for children's fiction this year, and I loved it. I could go on and on about the guy.

Plus I'm sure he could appreciate your "30 albums" list.

Becky Hensley said...

HA! Well, a shared love a music is always a great way to start a relationship!

I can't believe it, but yes...I'm still neck deep in teen fiction.
These wonderful books by Scott Westerfield about young teenagers in a not too distant future.
Their titles are: 'Uglies', 'Pretties', 'Specials', and 'Extras'.

I'll look for the Gaiman book, as I am immersed fully in the teenage girl's mindset. Not that I wasn't already, but you know...

xox

Maura said...

The Taco House on 50 somethingth and Federal used to be the only restaurant I would eat at as a kid...
I would love to go there with you!

As for the YA Lit, Northglenn just had a photo shoot to make READ posters and all the teachers were supposed to pose with their favorite books. I got made fun of because I picked YA Lit. Screw that! I know what's good...Plus, are my kids really going to read Jane Austen because they see me holding it in a poster?
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

What book did you pose with?

And let's go to Taco House when I get back!

xox

Maura said...

Monster: An Autobiography of a L.A. Gangster and My Bloody Life: The Making of a Latin King.
YA, autobiographical, and a little gangster because let's face it, "Damn it feels good..."
Reluctant Readers LOVE them...
lovemaura