Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Look A Ghost In the Eye Everyday

It was a perfect day.



A cool warm cloudy day.
Does that make sense?

Maura B and I hoofed it from Commons Park to the MCA to check out the scene. It was a Penny Saturday!
I hadn't been there since the last time I went with Baby S.

On the walk over we saw some interesting mosaic stuff that I'd seen before...well, at least every time I drove by it.

But when we got close up it was really kind of amazing - something that you wouldn't see unless you were walking.

I hadn't expected to be so entranced by this exhibit.

Ana Maria Hernando has been visiting a remote village called Mollamarca in the Andean mountains of Peru for about 4 years now.
She's been collecting these absolutely breathtaking crocheted petticoats worn by the native girls.

I've always wanted to go to Peru.

If you have a chance, have a look at this exhibit.
Maura B compared them to the little ghosts in Pacman...and I thought they looked like jellyfish.

Scared of elevators!

There was a fortuitous break dancing get down going on in the basement of the MCA.
Maura B loves break dancing!

Actually, I like to watch too.
A lot of people do, apparently!

Girls and boys...bustin' moves!

My favorite part was when they were all gearing up for the show down! The dance off!

They all lined up on their respective sides and started taunting each other.

It was like a modern day Sharks vs. Jets...and it made me wish I knew how to pop 'n lock.
HELLO, ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE POP 'N LOCK CLASS AT THE COLORADO FREE UNIVERSITY!? Hit me up via email: releasethekrakenplease@gmail.com

As the dancers continued challenging each other, the circle got smaller and smaller until the space they were dancing in was decidedly smaller than what they'd started with.

In actuality, I sort of liked that. It made it more for the dancers...like it was their thing and not just a show for an audience.


After we got our fill, we wandered the streets of LoDo...













Yeah, then there was this.



National Velvet. Yeah, more like lewd pile of gross.
But intriguing...


MB did not like it.

A little research revealed that this sucker lights up at night.
I'll meet you down there and we can check it out together.

It started to get dark...



Everyone is always headed somewhere.

Thank heavens this guy's headed in the same direction as me.

P.S. I'm laboriously working on uploading some videos from the break dance freakout to Youtube and should either have them posted soon or have a link for you to check out!
Stick around, cute babies!

3 comments:

Maura said...

I just saw the weird red poo sausage sculpture lit up on my way home tonight...
I may like it a little better that way.
It made me want to sing, "On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese, I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed..."
Do you think you could breakdance to that song?
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

Was it majestic?!

I could use a meatball right now...

A meatball and that handsome pop 'n lock fella.

Actually, they're kind of the same thing, if you think about it.
No really, think about it.

xox

Maura said...

I'm not making the connection, unless it has to do with Tim and Eric's balls...
lovemaura