Sunday, July 5, 2009

Shake Shake, Va Va Voom, Vis A Vis

This is 3 Kings. They have so many pinball machines that you can quickly become mesmerized by them!

And this is a rendering of me back in my codpiece days. Strangely accurate...
Anyway, I was at 3 Kings to see a pile of my friends play in their bands!
I love an opportunity to cheer my friends and their talents!

The Unkind was first and they were rockin'!

Of course, the All Stars were there!
Kelly made fast friends with this lady over Kelly's purse...

And hurray! Sweet Bobbi was there! Bobbi is 21 now - Happy Birthday, Bobbi!

Shanda and her halfhearted rock hand.

This was Chingaso's second show.
I missed the first in that Patrick Wolf/red wine debacle a few weeks back!
I was excited to see my friends in their new band...and let me tell you, I was NOT disappointed!

Steph's got a serious rock presence - she's my number one Rock Bitch, actually!


Lil Kyle is a rippin' guitar player and is a pretty sweet front man!

CHINGASO!

The crowd...

Chris...shredding!

Joel! And look! There's fire coming off that drumstick!

It was nice to finally see Kristen out!
She's a new friend and one I hope to see more of! She just moved back from New York and she's a supreme smart ass!
My favorite kind of person!

Chingaso fans!

Who knew Chris had such a earnest rock face?
The sweat pouring down his cheeks shows his commitment!

Double D-Bag.
This guy was a weirdo mess.
My continuing confusion regarding hipsters wearing scarves in the summer plagues me.

And who was El Borracho acting the fool in the pit?

Ah, it was just sweet little Douglet...and look, here he is hanging with Denver Joe!

Wow! A close-up of Jamie's face!
Sorry Jamie - but if it's ANY consolation...it's a pretty sweet face and his teeth are so damn straight!

Shanda sang on one of the Chingaso songs!
I'm pretty much a fan of whatever that lady does!

And luckily enough, her band The Swanks on the bill as well!

Shay! For some reason, whenever I see Shay, I think how good he would look in a pair of leather pants...
Yeah, weird. I know.

Shanda's serious face.


TJ - DANCE MACHINE!

Sexy Rexy...

Phillip Swank!DRUM MONSTER!

Joel is juicing these days. We swapped some juicing recipes.
He's also getting ninja'd by Chris. What's fucking new, right?

Chris also did some grinding on an unsuspecting Mama Kel.

Prior to acknowledging that it was Chris that was grinding on her, Kelly sort of looked like she was going to pull a punch at Chris.
Obviously, once she realized it was Chris...she was complicit in an inappropriate dance floor grind sesh.

Doug did a little moshing...

And me...well, me and TJ did a little two steppin'.

TJ was leading...but it doesn't mean I didn't want to lead.


Still, she's a fine dancer...she knows a thing or two for certain!

I'm proud of you, friends! Keep rocking and doing amazing things!

No comments: