Sunday, October 11, 2009

Don't Give Up On The Dream, Don't Give Up On The Wanting

To say it was a bad week...would be an exaggeration.
I thought it would be bad, but it wasn't.

And when my sweet sister called me to meet her in Frisco, I decided I'd had enough of Denver for a day.

Have you been to Frisco? If you haven't, you should go...especially if you live in Denver.
It's LITERALLY 67 miles away and it's lovely!

Well, the weather wasn't exactly lovely when I was leaving Denver, but I was enjoying the somber peace of the foggy white scene.

I know it's dangerous, but I like taking pictures while I'm driving.
Sure beats freezing your ass off on the side of the road.

And surprisingly, after I got in the mountains...the sun started to peek through the mist.


Well, it took a while, but grey skies...

Turned blue...

And I was imbued with a breath of fresh air.
Mother nature is cathartic.

The road can heal you...writers and poets have always talked about the journey.
I'm learning about mine.

It can be kind of lonely.

Still, if you're moving forward...you're leaving some of the journey behind.


I went to the top of Loveland Pass.

My adorable sister dragged me up there and I realized that this moment with the wind, cold and brutal, chapping our faces was more important than what I left behind in Denver.

We took a hurried moment to reflect on the scenery...

The air is thin up there and we breathed deep.

It's pristine and severe.

But it's constant...it keeps on unabated.

I'm into that.

And when we were done wandering around...we threw back some micro-brews at my sister's fave brewery!


Thanks, sister! How lucky I am...
Thank you for rescuing me!

4 comments:

Maura said...

Yay for a healing journey!

Chikrock said...

Sweet! It makes me want to go right this second~!

Chris said...

This is awesome. I'd rather be lonely on the road than lonely sitting in one place. Some of my greatest experiences with life, interacting with music, or anything else have taken place in the solitude of the road. It's especially good when there is something waiting at the other end.

Becky Hensley said...

GOD DAMN I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!

Maura - yeah, a little trip out of the way can fix a lady!

Kel - we'll have to make a trip sometime!

Chris - Thanks for what you wrote!
I didn't put together how much I needed "the road" until I was home. I suppose it's often that way, eh?!

xox