Saturday, October 3, 2009

That Time of Year Thou Mayst in Me Behold

Summer is over. It's official...
But I had an opportunity, thanks to my rad bosses, to take a late summer day trip to the glorious Denver Botanic Gardens.

There's really nothing better than meandering through verdant paths.

The sky so blue...the secrets of the earth on display so gorgeously.

It's true, I love dinos.

The best part of being at the Botanic Gardens is that you're right in the heart of the city.
A busy throbbing outside the walls, but the peacefulness some how spreads out so quiet.
You can forget so much about what's happening beyond the gardens' boundaries.

I kept thinking that if there were an apocalypse...I would find my way to the Botanic Gardens and try to live there forever.


The work crew...

I think the Japanese garden is my favorite.

It's the perfect place to take a picnic and leisurely stare at the sky and breathe deeply.



If you're in Denver, in the summer...take a trip to this place. It's phenom.

We had a quick jaunt into the rain forest...
And although it's wonderful and absolutely breath taking...

It's sweaty and made me feel like I was being strangled.

However, I could get used to it in there.
Lovely, lovely, lovely...

2 comments:

Maura said...

Yay new blogs!
See it in the winter too!
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

Yeah, I'd love to go in winter!
xox