Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Favorites Wednesday!


So, I often get wooed by craftin' endeavors...
The allure of mastering a craft is something that I can easily get cracked out about and then become obsessively fixated with getting my hands on every book and tool...and for long (or short) stretches, I do nothing but that craft.

Right now, it's embroidery.
Plain and simple, I'm into it. I'm hooked.

And nobody helps to get you off the ground, stitchwise, better than Jenny Hart.
She's gone and made the world of embroidery a less intimidating, prudish, matronly place! Instead, she insists that the embroiderer own her work and not be ashamed about messy knots in the back of your project. She encourages budding stitchers to use subversive patterns and use flashy floss - and somehow, she has managed to make embroidery a thrill!

What's better is that Jenny's Sublime Stitching website is super helpful and supportive of amateur and master stitchers and she updates her blog with pictures of the work she's doing (which is inspiring and empowering), the work of others, and how embroidery and stitching fits into the world of art, craft, and how it's constantly redefining itself.

Never has embroidery seemed more tangible, friendly, and available - even to those that don't think they have a shred of talent.

Honestly, I've been visiting both of Jenny's blogs on a daily basis for encouragement and inspiration and if you've ever had an interest in learning about embroidery or if you admire the work of artist stitchers...then check out her sites!

I've got so many plans for future stitch projects!
Give me embroidery or give me death!

No comments: