Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's The Same In The Whole Wide World

This fine group of lookers were my partners in crime for Halloween.
By lookers, I mean maniacs.

We hit Spicy Basil for dinner before we started our Broadway bar crawl.
And by bar crawl, I mean 2 bars.

I hit a little pot of hot sake to get things cookin'!
The food at Spicy Basil is so good!
They make the best chicken coconut soup I've ever had!
GO THERE!

After dinner, we stopped at Barry's just to get the night started.
They have a photo booth there and we indulged.

This series of photos are called, "Oops, Where Is My Straw?".
I'm sure you can relate.

Everyone does this.

You're lucky if you don't end up poking your eyeball.

Double straws are a hazard and a half!

Aren't my lady peeps pretty!
Mama Kel, Maura B, and Brandy Lou!

Seriously, some of my most fave ladies right here!


Mama K came with vampire teeth for us...

They were fun for a while,

but they aren't made for adult mouths...

And drooling is inevitable.
Baby S is doing his best Lieutenant Warf.

I loved that cow costume.

However, I hated this "priest with small doll hanging from crotch" costume.
The guy that was wearing it was hammski'd too. He had a Ash Wednesday cross on his forehead.
Ugh.


We met Michael Phelps.

He brought his own bong. Mama Kel checked it out to make sure it was legit.

He also had a surprisingly showy bulge.

The Gordon's Fisherman.

The glasses came with Brandy...who knew they'd be such a hit!

Maura B looking very boobalicious!

Yeah, I didn't really wear a costume. I just sort of gothed out a little or something.
I looked a little nonplussed here...I wasn't though.
I was having a blast!

We all were!

Our waitress at the Irish Rover was a peach!
Super nice! She might have been Super Girl!

Gettin' scary!


We met lots of cool goblins, ghouls, and rowdy folk!

Easiest costume ever.

Somehow, we befriended Los Locos!

They were throwing their money around...

And perversely squirting whipped cream in everyone's mouth.

Yeah, I don't know...

They were a rambunctious crew of bros.

Well, they sort of had some competition with us!

Trouble.

Double trouble!

Throwin' 'em back!

Brandy Lou and I are taking it slow...

Whoa.
It's all sort of downhill from here.
Obvs.

Indiana Jones was there.
There was some lusting at our table.


But Los Locos were all up in our grills...

So, we made fun of them...

And forced them to take pictures in our lady get-ups.

Maniacs...I told you!

Christ...

I think this is the sweetest picture ever!


I have to admit I wasn't too keen on Halloween this year. Remember last year when I went to Girl Talk, had a drunken break down, and ended up torturing Spencer for a good portion of the night?
Well, I didn't want that to happen again...
However, I laughed my ass off with my people and sang Journey while standing in a booth with Maura. I table danced, made new friends, and wandered home at a relatively decent hour.

Not much more you can ask for, regardless of the holiday or time of year!

4 comments:

Maura said...

I would let Indiana Jones hold 'em...

Becky Hensley said...

I was worried that some of the pics might not have been appropriate!

Just let me know if anything needs to go!

xox

Chris said...

You're looking mighty fetching in these pictures.

Whenever I see vampire teeth I think about when I used to run around in the wilds around our house with my two dogs, vampire teeth in, playing Island of Dr. Moreau. Saw that the same day as I saw Star Wars (yes, it was that long ago -- the 1977 version), and was actually more blown away by Moreau.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, George Lucas!

Becky Hensley said...

Ah! Thanks Chris!

I love memories like the one you describe!
I can remember NEVER wanting to be a vampire for Halloween, but loving vampire teeth.
It might have something to do with my obsession with retainers, headgear, and the like. I never had any orthodontic work done, but I always wanted to.

Anyhoo, eff you George Lucas!
xox