Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's Bound To Melt Your Heart

My tales...my adventures...
They aren't the same without people.
I don't really have adventures on my own. I worry sometimes that I should.

Still, I'm forever grateful for the people who are willing to go on adventures with me.
I'm grateful to the people that endure my weirdness with their patience.
I'm thankful for the ones that know that I'm difficult, special, over the top, nervous, ridiculous, hilarious, sensitive, jumbled, and human.

Because I am human. Painfully so.

Steph goes with me for pho.
We eat and laugh - a lot of laughter!

Spencer shares bottles of wine with me and drives me around playing me Skinny Puppy records and having the best conversations about sexism and racism in science fiction.

Jen Wood crafts with me and lets me talk incessantly.
She worries, frets, over thinks just like me. We get to talk about it to each other.

Maura and I talk...about everything.
Then we eat Mexican food.
Then we eat ice cream, watch a movie, and Maura falls asleep on my bed drooling on my pillow and snoring and then wakes up and asks me what happened in the movie.

She's a beam of sunlight in my life!

Chris and Meg make me dinners, bring me cabinets, include me, and, whether they know it or not, they support me when they're not really doing anything.
Just knowing they are there makes me feel better!

Korah! What a doll, right?
She's growing up to be such a prize...(not that she wasn't before, believe you me!)
She told me she climbed to the top of the rope in gym class, that she runs faster than everyone else, and she knows a ton about Pocahontas.

I taught her to finger knit today and I'm thrilled at how seriously she took it!

Shelly is so fundamentally good, it's almost dumb.
She wants good things for people. She's a good friend. She works hard, loves her family, she's the hippie mama exception to the rule!

She's also totally prego with her third baby...A baby I got to feel kick today!
I can't wait to see this baby! I'm so excited for her family!

I spend a lot of time with people doing phenomenal things...
This is just the tip of the iceberg, quite honestly.

I just wanted to say that I'm grateful.
It's important to make sure people know.

4 comments:

Maura said...

Man... I really am amazing company, right?! Especially the sleeping and drooling part. Maybe I should start bring my own pillow! ;)
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

I wasn't complaining!

I love the sleeping and drooling part!

It wouldn't be as charming if you brought your own pillow!

xox

Maura said...

If only everyone thought it was charming...
Totally different thought, did Korah take that last pic of you and Shelly? It's fantastic!
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

Yeah! Korah took the pic!
She always takes the best pics!

xox