Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Can you stay for these days?

Isn't flying a mystery?
I flew to Albuquerque this weekend.

There were approximately 11 people on my flight to Albuquerque...so, I had the whole row to myself. I stretched out and made the most of it.

The landscape was filled with these round parcels of land - like a thousand stop watches.

THIN LIZZY CHANNEL!


As a quick aside, I saw a naked guy adjusting his curtains (NOT A EUPHEMISM) from this very vantage point next to the pool.


Momma made me be the man...but I'm sure it's beause the man was playing the ukulele.




I had the opportunity to explore Albuquerque on the very day of the Gay Pride Parade.


My host, Tommy, parked us in a restaurant called Nob Hill - right across the street from Disco's.


We ordered sweet and savory baklava with orange blossom hummus and some provolone cheese sticks encrusted in pistachios with a wicked blackberry dipping sauce.



The NM Gay Red Hat Society had the best motto, "We're gay, we don't have to be old".


What's a Pride Parade without a unicorn float?


AMEN, SISTER!


Later, we headed over to Olde Town and did some shopping. Someone please tell me why I didn't buy this little gem?!


New Mexico is beautiful. I've decided this. I'm a convert.


San Felipe de Neri Church is lovely...

I always feel like such a heathen in churches...

But there was a historic sort of accepting vibe in this piece.

Ambivalent Albuquerque graffiti.

And most importantly, I got to hang with my Momma. I was reminded on a daily basis of how very special and extraordinary she is.

1 comment:

Maura said...

Lovely vacation to celebrate a lovely Mama!
lovemaura