Friday, June 27, 2008

I Came to Your Party Dressed as a Shadow

I came to your party dressed as a shadow and you never knew, you never knew...

I rolled through the halls like a velvet wave, as quiet as an empty stage...

I blackened your eyes and stole the light from your glass...

But in the cold calm of the morning, lay like a death-kite on your lawn...

I came to your party dressed as a shadow, without invitation, without a motive...

I parked three streets from the moonlight - the soft walk to your house on a silver string...


You were dancing in the backyard to a biscuit-tin beat...

I slunk between the notes, posting them off to the night...


This is symptomatic of you and me...

I have jars full of your breath...

I have shelves of your words...

but you have nothing of me...

but a space where I would be.

(Check out the Potter Highlands area...it's filled with lovely sights, delicious food, and the sweet scent of Gardenia everywhere!)

No comments: