Monday, July 7, 2008

Sentimental Journey

How often do you go to your hometown? Do you have a hometown? Have you never left your hometown? Tell me about it...

Maura Bryn accompanied me on a trip to my hometown.

My plan was to hang with Momma, eat some BBQ, swill some beers, and drop way too much money on fireworks.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. THE BOOM BOOM ROOM!

Can you believe it?

They had a titan selection! We didn't know what to do with ourselves...

PBR STYLE FIREWORKS. YES. REALLY.

I know, it doesn't look like a lot, but it's what's inside that counts. Remember?

Dud guarantee.

It's not the 4th of July without at stop at D.T.'s.

The Cheyenne liquor store with the pink elephant as it's mascot. Vulgar, but SO Wyoming.


Grocery Haul.

The ladies, the ladies...


Maura B and I couldn't wait for darkness to light off some fireworks...so we had a snake race.


She lost.


Momma is no amateur when it comes to fireworks.

Punk smoking a punk in a punk smoking jacket.


Wizard.


Hesitant Shooter.


Conductress.


ALWAYS buy any firework that has a unicorn/stallion on it. It's guaranteed to be devastating!


We had to.


Twitter Glitter!


A believer!


A dud.


Never thought my heart could be so yearny. Why did I decide to roam?

Gotta take that Sentimental Journey, Sentimental Journey home.

2 comments:

Maura said...

Thank you for letting me participate in the sentimental journey home! And for curing me of my firework phobia!
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

THANK YOU MARURA B!

You're such a good sport and a fine friend!

xox