Sunday, April 5, 2009

Here Is Where We'll Go, I'll Take Us Home

Friday!
The weather has been so wonderful and weird.
I love unusual weather.

I was lucky enough to spend some quality time with this lady.
Shelly Boo is a really great lady and she regales me often with stories of her adorable kids.
I won't divulge any of them here, but if you get a chance to talk to her...she's got hilarious stories to tell!

Shelly also believes wholeheartedly in the 'Salty Dog'.
This concoction is grapefruit juice, gin, and salt...
Gin and I don't get along, but for some reason, when she drinks them, she makes these look totally delicious.

Saturday!
My whole weekend has been filled with awesome quality time with peeps I love.

Baby S came back from NYC with tales of his academic endeavors.

We ate piles of chips and salsa at Lime...

...and threw back gratuitous margaritas.

It went from wet and rainy to windy and bitter cold.
The winter we never had in two days...


We had post dinner drinks at Don's Mixed Drinks.
This place would be so cool if there weren't a pile of a-holes dancing to 'Kinky Reggae'.
Oh, I hate reggae. Did you know this about me?
I do. I hate it.


Would you believe that I'm such a numbskull that I thought this was a sweet picture of Prince.
Um, I was "corrected" about it...apparently, Jimi Hendrix is a lefty.

See! Look how cool this place is.
That booth is the dumbest thing ever. It's so big...and impractical...because, as everyone knows, when you're boozin' in a dive - being stuck in a booth is a pain in the bladder.

Shuffleboard, my babies...
Sadly, there were a crew of "Woo" girls playing...and I simultaneously woo-ed when one of them woo-ed and she thought I was mocking her.
I wish I had been.
I guess I'm a "Woo" girl too!

We made some calls, did some arranging, and hit Twist & Shout briefly to purchase 20 Jazz Funk Greats. Spencer and I realized that neither of us actually have that album...and if we're going to see Throbbing Gristle...we should reacquaint ourselves with their seminal classic!

We had a date to meet The Hoppers though...at the good ole P.S. Lounge.

Where all the ladies get a rose, everyone gets complimentary shots...and they only take cash.
If you need a cash machine - the 7-11 is about 4 blocks away.
Plan ahead if it's cold!

Sun kissed!

This is an old picture from Valentine's Day, but I had to post it because Maura put a homemade Sudoku on the toilet paper holder and it's still there.
I like to look at it while I'm peeing...but I don't get those Sudoku things.
Sadly, it appears no one has had any courage to give Maura's puzzle a try!


Okay, so, um...open letter to cute gentlemen in the Denver Metro area!

Dear Cute Gentlemen,
Do you like My Bloody Valentine? The awesome shoegaze band from Ireland? Weird. I like them too! Because you are handsome, and I assume also flush with dough...why don't you and I go see My Bloody Valentine at the Filmore on April 24th?
I'm not guaranteeing that you'll get any play...but I guarantee that I'm so much fun and I'll be endlessly appreciative. It may result in a second date wherein I purchase the meal and we drink a bottle of wine together!
Let me know, okay?
Becky releasethekrakenplease@gmail.com
xx

I had one too many. I made Steph drink my last drink...

Douglet is looking a touch haggard himself...
It's exhausting hanging out with us gasbags!

These are a couple images from my Francis Bacon collection.

Terrifyingly cool!

Always a drummer.

Always a lady.

Spencer took this pic of Steph's decolletage.
I bought her that necklace for her b-day...I think it suits her. Don't you?


Hey, guess what...my blog just had it's first b-day.
I celebrated by drinking vodka drinks with people that count.
I hope you're celebrating too!

3 comments:

Maura said...

I can't believe that sudoku is still there! I kind of feel bad...
lovemaura

Chris said...

I celebrated April 4 because that's my birfday. I ate a bunch of pizza and some cake and some ice cream. Any my kid actually asked me if I wanted to go to a movie the night before, which we always used to do but he never wants to anymore, and that was swell. Plus he gave me a Conan book I didn't already have. That made it all-around awesome, even if I'm too old to care about birfdays.

Becky Hensley said...

@Maura - Don't feel bad for the Sudoku...
If it challenges someone mathematically while doing their biz...then you've done something good!
xox

@Chris - OMG! You and my blog share a birthday!

Happy Birthday Chris!
Birthdays matter! Cake, pizza, kid hangs, Conan...Sounds like you did alright to me pal!
xox