Thursday, April 9, 2009

Young Blood! If Given A Chance, Spit Fire!

Look at who I was lucky enough to spend an evening with...
The lovely model-esque Shannon - and straight up rock bitch and tight bro-lady forev, Steph!

We decided ages ago to see the The Bronx when they came to Denver.
My arm didn't exactly have to be twisted after my "The Bronx in Camden rock 'n roll punch to the sternum"!

So, Steph and I have been playing this rock show game for a long time. It's something my old high school friend Suzie Moench invented.
Basically, you touch people unbeknownst to them at shows and then revel in how clandestine and lithe you are.
Steph and I added a new twist to this game with the BMI pinch.
Imagine Steph's hand mimicking a fat caliper.

So, local band Git Some...got some...
Then Trash Talk played. I guess they were touring with The Bronx or something, but we didn't love them.
Their lead singer looked like he smelled bad.

Then came those fine fellows from LA, CA.

They were amped up.

Their van took a crap on them in Portland...
They missed their Boulder show and hauled ass to get to Denver to play this Larimer Lounge show.

Pretty profesh, if you ask me!

And because they were all riled up from 40 some hours in a van...

And because they were pissed, aggro, and totally fucking ready to shred...

They told everyone in the joint to fucking go balls out.

And the crowd wasn't that hard to convince!









It was nuts and amazing!
Pushing, shoving, sweating...crowd surfing, fist shaking, head banging!

We did end up standing next to a bunch of nancies that were wearing impractical shoes...more worried about their hairdos than the 30 dude strong circle pit that was frothing to drag their asses down.
Boring...if you ask me.

Serious. Go see The Bronx. If you can. If they're in your town. You should do it. Buy their merch and rock out!

We took a break outside...and sadly missed 'History's Stranglers'...one of my faves...
I had three layers on though - one of them being wool!

Cutest Merch Dude...EVER.
Just sayin'.
I'm fairly certain that I aggressively poked in him both shoulders and told him he sold me the hoody I got while in Camden.
Sorry, handsome guy!

Lamer Lounge.

We just can't let it go!

The only thing that was missing from this rad lady night equation...my sweet ass partner in crime, Brandy Lou!
Brand! When you hit 2-1...you're going with!
Bulmers or no Bulmers!

3 comments:

rOadbill said...

Hate I missed this show, but that Jersey dude the next nite at the Pepsi Center wasn't too shabby either. LOVED your NYC stuff, the last tyme I went ('95) me and my friendz hit MOMA at 9:30am one day and didn't leave till dark!!! That rooftop garden for smokes & Heiny's overlooking Central Park is tha stone-cold-fukkin-NUTTZ!!!! --bk

Brandy Alyssa B said...

i miss our london bulmers adventures becky! not much will compare...

Becky Hensley said...

Oh Brandy...

There's still tons of adventures in store for us!

PROMISE!

xox