Friday, April 17, 2009

If You Must Have A Go Then Fine OK, If You Must Have A Go Then Go Away

When you spot a French restaurant with a sharp, clean presentation and a decently priced menu...You have to partake!
Brasserie Felix on the North Side is the place to go!

Spencer is a cuisine adventurer!

Hey! I got my hair did!
Default ponytail/braids are gone...and in it's place...a hairdo I have to "do".
Whatev! It's spring!

Mmm, potato leek soup with truffle oil drizzled on top!
If I could bathe in truffle oil...I'd do it.
It's oil sent from heaven above.

Their steak frites is outrageously good!
The steak was perfectly cooked - and I picked the bernaise sauce for the top!
Westword gave them Best of Denver - Best Steak Frites this year...
That should be all the convincing you need!


After we put away a WHOLE bottle Malbec...
We did a little creme brule.
Oh, and we had champagne too! Seemed a little extravagant, but WHY NOT?!

Head over to Brasserie Felix and have something from their amazing menu of simple, but delightful French fare.
Also...our waiter Laurent was handsome, had an amazing accent coupled with a gravelly delivery, and a great knowledge of wines and champagne.
GO!

After dinner, we toddled over to the Oriental Theater.
We had tickets to see the Black Kids.

It's been so nice here - so, the walk was real enjoyable.
And necessary too! I was stuffed.

I didn't really get any good pics from the show, but I did take a little video.
The Black Kids, for me, take all the best parts of all of my favorite things about pop music and put them together.
Even better, they have these two amazing girls in the band that sing back up and just kill it!
Harmony, sass, and a clear love for what they were doing made the show even better!



We wanted to stay longer and listen to Mates of State.
But I couldn't take it anymore...I was full of red wine, and as per my uzjhe, I was using my sassy mouth louder than I should have been!

I hate my neighbor, by the way...
I find myself wishing that really bad things would happen to him.
Like, he loses control of his recumbent bike and falls into a hole filled with poisonous snakes.
That's just one wish...

No comments: