Sunday, December 27, 2009

I Need Some Help From A Little Love

I went to see Stellastar*.
I've always wanted to see them, but was a little concerned that what I liked about them years ago would be sort of a let down now.

The thing is...they were amazing.

There's a wonderful pop presence that I love...

but something darker too.

If you know me, you know I'm into dark.

I recently told Spencer that I was a closet goth and he told me...I wasn't THAT in the closet.

Anyway, Stellastar* rocked it out.

Their lead singer's voice coupled with the girl bass player's voice was magic.
I didn't expect that heavenly part of their harmonies to come through at the Larimer Lounge.
Go figure.

Her bass sounded amazing too.
And the lead guitar guy plays the kind of ominous guitar sound that I love.


And when they played 'My CoCo' I got a little nostalgic for a summer long ago when I hung out pretty exclusively with my rad friend Joey.
We spent a lot of time at a bar called Feruqui's in Missoula, MT drinking dollar beers and laughing with the bartenders.


The encore was great...and I walked out wishing that Joey could have been with me.

I'm trying to remember that sometimes bathroom graffiti has a point.

No comments: