Monday, March 15, 2010

You Say Look Up, Look Up!

If you've never been to Denver...it's a rockin' good time.
I've managed to fall in love with it.

If you do live here, you probably love it like I do...or you're, at least, a little fond of it.
But your familiarity should never convince you that you've seen it all.

Because you haven't.
There are nooks, crannies, secrets, and little pockets of awesome just waiting and wanting to be seen.

Um, a robot with a taco for a head?
Yes, thank you.

So, in an effort to further explore my city...I decided, on the suggestion of Steph, to go on a nighttime photo walk with Illuminate Workshops.

Check out their website because it's filled with cool classes, interesting instructors, and all around kind talented people working to encourage photographers to explore their skills and their environment.

I am, by no means, a photographer.
I like to document my adventures...and if I capture of cool pic or two...I figure I got lucky.

Steph, however, is a photographer and she learned some new tricks and renewed her enthusiasm about photography!

And basically, we just wandered, we took pictures, and we commiserated on good spots, unique patterns of light, and spread out all over the city to capture it.

If you don't know where these places are...I suggest you go find them.

Fall in love with where you're at because you here right now...and it's pretty.

Be a tourist. Try to see it all with different eyes.



Find the secret hearts.


Find the not so secret hearts.









It was the day of the St. Patrick's Day parade...and LoDo was sort of a shit show.

Still, the city can be pretty quiet and austere if you give it a chance to be.





I always look for the crumbly parts of the city.

Lucky number 23.




And when you're done exploring...Go to Steuben's!

I love this place so much!
Their menu consists entirely of comfort food...of the very best variety!

Their cocktails are brilliant.

And honestly, it doesn't hurt that the bartender is a dreamy handsome, bearded, tattooed, smart (he schooled us on some bartender history), and seriously killer mixologist.

The fried cheese doesn't hurt a thing either.

Steph and I split a fried chicken dinner...and still had leftovers to take home!

Little Miss Broken Wrist.

And little ole me...
Drinking a Dark & Stormy!


Keepin' it cute...as per uzje!

No comments: