Monday, September 15, 2008

My Family Is Your Family

Wednesday, the 10th, was Micaela's birthday...but the crew got together for a group hang over at the Haluko House on Friday.

Sam was there talking politics - He's a Libertarian, but we still love him.

I would like to make special mention of my dear friend Baby S departing for Philadelphia on Wednesday. He'll be gone for a whole month. I'm destitute.
Still, when he returns we plan to wear kitten masks and see Girl Talk. Safe travels, boo!

Back to the party! The Aunties were at this wild party. I LOVE the Aunties!
This fine lady is Auntie Tricia!

Maura B! You can count on her to keep it hilarious! Maura and I spent the remainder of the weekend, after the party, hanging heavy and watching the Tudors and drooling over proper English gentlemen! Also, we discussed the merits of the "Beeftini"...

There's my birthday friend! Micaela! She's duking it out with Jeff. More political talk!
Crystal is not getting involved - just hanging back, being cute!

Steadfast Wyo Lady - TJ!

Ant was there! He has new sideburns!

Then these ladies...
You didn't forget about them, did you?
Steph and Gina!

Do you know how long I've known Steph?! Ages...she's a tight bro and I love her face forev.

I wanted a group pic with all these fine ladies...because look at Shelly boo - she was working her hot mom look!

Auntie Diana insisted I get in on it.
This picture accurately describes my friendships with these lovely ladies!
Also, we only wear black. Always, apparently.

The dudes always end up in the garage...


...they talk about the Baroque period and finer points of Jung's theories on neurosis.

Who am I fooling? Those guys dish on dirt, grease, and rock.
But look Brenna snuck in and made the fellows mind their manners!

We drug Mama Kel along! She needed a night out with gang!

Lately, I've been getting the "You look a little like Sarah Palin with your hair like that" comments. And I even went so far as to test the theory and try on a pair of Palin-esque Lens Crafters' specials while getting new glasses this weekend.

So, this picture is to try to besmirch her already shady reputation...with a marginally lesbianic pic with a lady in a Kid Rock t-shirt.
A solid effort, I think!


That lady is Auntie Diana...and she really wouldn't let me get a picture of her without her tongue hanging out of her face.
But more importantly, Chris is being a photo ninja...and his face cracks me up!
I would have taken more photos, but my batteries took a crap on me!

Still, it's nice to know that when you are with these people, you are part of the family!
I'm honored.

Happy Birthday, Mic!
xox

1 comment:

Maura said...

The wonderful laughter of the evening picked up right where I left it when I viewed the photos...
lovemaura