Monday, September 29, 2008

You Don't Have to Wait Until You Die

Nothing better than stopping at Streets of London on a Friday for a Boddington's with some of my ladies!

Mic showed up.

Mama Kel orchestrated the whole thing!

We all had places to be...
Me? I was headed to Dia de los Muertos & Flamenco Gypsy Souls at the Lakewood Cultural Center!

Flamenco Dancers!

The dancers at the with Fiesta Colorado Dance Company are home grown in Colorado and are perpetuating their legacy and talent to all ages of interested dancers.
It's inspiring!

Maura and I whispered back and forth to each other about how we wished we could dance like they did. How we wished we had dresses that looked like theirs did.

We also whispered back and forth about gender issues in Latino culture.
This is why I love Maura.

Sadly, I wasn't able to take any pictures of the Day of the Dead dances...some usher asked me to put my camera away.

BUT...this gives you a reason, Colorado residents, to go to the Lakewood Cultural Center and see the Fiesta Colorado dancers!
BAILA CON VIDA!!

After the dancing, Maura and I met up with my baby sis...

Yep, that little sweet potato came back!
We hit the Atomic Cowboy because we hear a rumor that Shanda Swank was working over there!

It was true!
I love this lady!

Some Malibu Rum representative asked us to shake her coconuts.
Maura captured me amidst my coconut selection.
I can't explain my face.

My sister isn't afriad...

And she has a very particular selection process.

We threw back several free rums...


...ate the famous Atomic Cowboy's garlic fries...

And went back to my place for Twin Peaks episodes and a slumber party.

No comments: