Monday, September 22, 2008

Yes, No, Maybe

This fellow is RFG, Glassforeye, Robby Assfart, Robert Frederick Glassford.

Upon calculating how long I've known Robb, I realized that he is my oldest friend that I still talk to and who's company I still enjoy thoroughly.
The first time I met him, we had just recently been hired on at the University of Wyoming Student Union. He caught my eye from afar - he had a Christian Death tattoo on his forearm that drew me to him.
He actually told me this weekend that he got that Christian Death tattoo after working a job at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Because, back then, visible tattoos were faux pas...he had it scratched into a significant, prominent place so he would never work another shitty fast food job again!

Picking up where we leave off - Robb makes me laugh, reminds me that I'm smart and talented, and is always up for just about anything.
When I told him I would be in San Fran proper for a whole day...He agreed to meet me at the SFO BART Station and squire me about town like a gentleman.

I'll go into more detail later (with more pictures to elucidate), but one of our rituals when I am in San Fran is to hit the Lucky 13 Bar, drink a few cocktails, and take some photobooth pics.
The grand total on these photos was about 25.00, but it was totally worth it!

As far as BFFs go, I would do just about anything for this guy!
And although I'm sure Robb will never see this, I love you RFG!

4 comments:

Chris said...

All I can say is he better be a legitimate Maiden fan if he is sporting that patch.

Becky Hensley said...

I can vouch for him!

We even had a conversation with the bartender at Lucky 13 and my friend Robb revealed that Iron Maiden was the first concert he ever saw!

;)

Chris said...

Good for him, then!

Maura said...

I just wanted to tell you that my cat is cracking out on Cat Nip. I'm pretty sure stoned Raleigh is a Maiden fan!
lovemaura