Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tear Off The Top, Let Your Memory Pop

I went to a wine tasting on Saturday.

Sam, the dog cushion, was the wine purveyor...and Steph was the hostess.

It was a small intimate group, and was originally intended to be only girls...but we let Rick come over. He was lured by the smell of uncorked Malbecs and bacon wrapped scallops.

Sarah is, yet another, new favorite person. She's a super light weight - so, just the tasting of wine was creating hilarity on our side of the couch!

The dude section.

Look, good old Micaela was there! And happily, I'd like to introduce - Miriam!
She is seriously a kick in the ass times awesome. I'm saying, mathematically, she's rad.


Sweet Gina showed up a little late after a snafu at work.
TJ showed up even later, but she came bearing gifts. Her two fave bottles of wine.
We cheered!


Our teeth were purple, our lips were stained...

Micaela won the wine pairing wheel, but she gifted it to Miriam. It was that kind of party!


Steph lit a fire...probably the last one of the season!


I love a fire!


We swilled so much wine...7 bottles, if I have my count right...

And then beers too when the vino petered out...

We were all pleasantly tight!


Outdoorswomen!

Sweet Gina and I had a heart to heart...


Later we all put on pajama pants and got cozy downstairs at the Roslyn Bar.
You can smoke and stay up until 5 in the morning at this bar!
And we did!

Nighttime fashions!

By the looks of my lips, you can tell how dehydrated I was when I woke up in the morning!

We ate so much food...baked brie, marscapone whipped with honey and cinnamon, hummus, chips, gorgonzola and apricot tarts...and pumpkin bars - my autumnal contribution!

I'm pretty sure this pic was an accident, but I liked it anyway.

TJ tanked first...
We found her laying on the floor without a blankie or pillow.

So, we set her up!
I wasn't far behind her. I hung heavy, but sort of just fell apart and snuck upstairs to sleep on the couch.

After I passed out, the ladies took some pics with my camera.
Apparently, Sweet Gina tried to carry Mic up the stairs - piggyback style.
This was the result.

I miss out on all the good stuff!

Steph got a birds eye view of the accident.



But the girls didn't last much longer after me either.
I wonder if the boys realize what wackos we are when they aren't around!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I've gone too long without a nice wine buzz. I need to rectify that this weekend, perhaps. Dia de los Muertos and all, dig?

Becky Hensley said...

Hope you had the chance to swill some wine!

Hope the Dia de los Muertos show went well too!

xox