Monday, October 20, 2008

Wash Away What We Create



























I'm not a religious person.
Still, being in a place like this affects you. Wandering through rows of makeshift headstones, hand made bouquets, and offerings placed so deliberately...
The sky was perfectly blue and for a moment, while sitting by myself, I suddenly became aware that I couldn't see any of the people that I'd come with.
I'd entered this place confidently, sipping on a coffee with my camera hanging from my wrist, and in a later moment completely alone with the sun and a myriad of colors gently moving with the slight encouragement of the breeze.
To be reverent and alone.

1 comment:

Maura said...

All of those natural, muted Fall colors mixed with such amazing blues! It is truly what Dia de Los Muertos is. The celebration of death, and the life that it once was. Nice pics!
lovemaura