Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm pretty good, I've been bowling online...

Douglet and Steph had the wise idea to do some bowling on Saturday night.
I'm always down because bowling makes me laugh!

Everyone got their shoes, but I'm the only one that got the preemptive warning about how the guy had just sprayed my shoes and that they might still be a little damp inside.
Ugh. Damp and recently worn. Great.

Douglet set us up on the computer. The line up was me (Midge), Chris (Stankass), Steph (Ms. Bastard), and Doug (Pockets).
Everyone needs a bowling name...if you don't have one, you should really try to figure one out.

Chris curses A LOT when he bowls.

Steph has a subtle way...quiet and cute!

Doug is all business. He's got a "form" and he's not afraid to blow everyone away with it!

Me? Yeah, I just stomp, shout, and make faces...


I also worry about what my butt looks like...constantly. Thanks to Chris, I don't have to wonder any longer.

Alright, so the first couple of throws, the bumpers were up...
Then this guy came down and corrected the issue and killed my production completely.

Douglet - champion!

SEE! Here I am pissed, shouting and stomping, about my lack of skill.

Chris...endlessly classy.

When your game is fueled with icy cold Corona...either you get better at the game or you care less about sucking.
I think, for me, it helped.

Doug won the first fame...

There was this insane futuristic bowling themed mural that was blowing my mind the whole night.

We made a lot of noise. Rather, I made a lot of noise...
But you have to cheer your co-players on - even if they're kicking your ass.

This is my "spare" move...Can you see me behind the console.
Come bowling with me, I'll show it to you in person.
(p.s. I have a "strike" dance too)






So, we'd been bowling in the bright, unforgiving light of the overheads, but as soon as the clock struck 9:00...

It turned EXTREME.
Extreme Bowling at Monaco Lanes - it's like a shitty rave for your parents.

It was so extreme, Steph got an injury...




Bowling alley food.
Honestly, there are times when I wish I could just stop at a bowling alley for take out.
That's liquid cheese on those nachos.




At the end, I did a rock slide.
Every time I'm in a bowling alley, I want to slide around on the floor...and I would if I didn't think I would get in a heap of trouble.
The rock slide is fairly innocuous, but I'll admit...it hurt and made me feel old.




Steph took some short, semi-wonky video of me rock sliding...
Enjoy!


In the end, I beat Doug by 1!
And good thing I didn't gloat, because that dreamboat paid for our bowling.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Thing about bowling is that winding up in the gutter is a bad thing.

Today my obnoxious mutant offspring was talking about the band Coroner. Then he said, "Isn't there a beer or something called that?"

I said, "No, that's CORONA."

Becky Hensley said...

Yeah, I have to admit...I had a few gutter balls, but not enough to feel any sort of shame!

If there was a beer named Coroner - I would drink the shit out of it.

I love that your son doesn't know a Corona from a Coroner though!

xox

Chris said...

I thought that was funny too.

"Do you know what a coroner is?"

"No."

"It's the person who cuts dead bodies open and figures out how people died and stuff."

...

...

"Cool."