Wednesday, January 14, 2009

When I've Been Fixed, I Am Convinced That I Will Not Get So Broke Up Again

I went to visit ZEZ.

Sounds more ominous than it is...
Zez is my tattoo guy!

Zez works at a tattoo joint out on Broadway and he runs a tight ship!
I think that's why I like the guy so much.

Actually, I like him for the following reasons:
He's super profesh and acts enthusiastic about every idea I bring to him!
He's clean as all get out. In fact, we had a lengthy discussion about cleanliness in a tattoo environment and amidst our conversation he got some ink on the floor and wiped it up with Windex.
He is a super happy positive person. He is thankful for what he has and always sees the other side even if he doesn't agree with it.
He shoots the shit as good as me.

I went in to see Zez because whilst cleaning my mother's kitchen to prepare her for moving...I found two old pieces of family china that my mom has been holding onto forever.
They are beautiful and belonged to my great grandmother.
Two pieces means that the rest of the pieces were broken and lost throughout my life.
I'm sure I broke a few of them as a kid.

So, my tattoo guy prepared his set-up, applied my stencil, and set to work.

Old school graffiti artist, rad enlightened dad, super tattoo bro!

And he busted it out! We worked for two hours and talked the whole time about dads, tattooing, art, hard living, and everything else under the sun.

And best of all, he did a phenomenal job recreating a piece of my family's past that I'm super connected to - chips and cracks included!

Thanks Zez...I'll see you again soon!
(p.s. check out my cleav in this pic! WOW!)

5 comments:

Chris said...

That's actually really cool. I want to get some more work done, but I'm not on a first name basis with any tattoo artists.

Becky Hensley said...

Well, if you're ever in Denver...I can hook you up with Zez.

He is a seriously fine person! In Denver, the tattoo game is sort of a celebrity shit show...with the "good" artists, one can't get an appointment for years out.

Zez (his real name is Jymi) is reasonably priced and humble. An artist that wants to hone his craft for honorable reasons - first and foremost, his family!

xox

Maura said...

Is this part of your Twin Peaks arm? Can it represent both Mr. Cooper's (I'm not ready to go back to Speacial Agent Dale Cooper because my feelings are still a little bit hurt) love of a good cup of coffee and your family? Maybe the family who made you the world's biggest Lynch fan by traveling the world before you and getting you here?
Am I stretching it?
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

No, but weird...looking into the future...I will have a mug and a tea cup on my body!

Weird!

Don't be so hard on Agent Dale Cooper...he's in there...somewhere!

xox

Maura said...

I'm still coping. I'll get over it and love him again soon!
lovemaura