Sunday, January 11, 2009

We're Gonna Have A Good Time With This Dear

Saturday - BIG DAY!
Early, I had a quickie cappuccino with Baby S before he ran off to his weekend obligations.
I enjoyed a short walk back to my place and saw this weird piece of paper plastered to an electrical box.
I'm obsessed with it. If anyone knows what it's all about - ILLUMINATE ME!
I mean, you should be obsessed with it too...the creature in the middle of the star is a unicorn with either it's tongue hanging out or a beard.

Wanted to take a pic of the most recent knitting project that I cranked out this last week.
It's an arm warmer.
Honestly, I don't like it. It's bulky and sort of dumb, but the colors are nice.

Thankfully, Maura B loves it...so I plan to finish the project by making another one to complete the pair.
Finish what you start.

I met up with Steph who suggested a stop at Steve's Snappin' Dogs.
Um, this place is a seriously delish hot dog joint right on the Colfax strip.

Blinky!

Ain't it the truth!

I, as per my uzjhe, got the Chicago Dog.
But I altered the tradish Chicago Dog with a sauerkraut upgrade minus the atomic green relish.
There was a downer moment when the dill pickle (i.e. the best part of the Chicago Dog!!!) on top fell on the floor, but the folks at Steve's kindly gave me a new pickle.


Steph and I were casually reading this flyer that was up on the wall...and noticed that someone had written on the bottom, "May cause violent vomiting!".
Not exactly an endorsement.

Just real quick, let me encourage you to go to this place.
Actually, call me and we'll go together!

Steph and I had joined forces because we decided to start work on a new decoupage project.
She's kind of a professional, even though it appears that she is eating Mod Podge here!
Also, I love to say Mod Podge. Say it out loud, it's lyrical.

It was awesome! We listened to music, drank unfiltered sake, ate salt and pepper popcorn, and crafted out!

I bought a couple of ridiculous hats...for Chris' birthday later in the evening!
Mine's a kitten!

Speaking of birthdays, a totally great crew of favorites hit the Twin Dragon over on Broadway for a celebratory dinner!

Twin Dragon has the best service that I have ever experienced in Denver...so far!

It's lovely in there...

And their Zombies are lethal and are served in skull mugs!

It started out the 4 of us...Darling Meg, birthday monkey Chris, Baby S, and myself!
Doug and Steph were there too!

I bought Chris the monkey hat anticipating that he would hate it and dismiss it promptly.
I bought my kitten hat to wear as a birthday alliance even...
But Chris didn't have a problem with the hat and actually wore it all night!
Meg's response was dubious.

We kind of laughed a lot!
I mean we always do...

Chris got some cards and gifts.
This card played KISS! It was gross.

Steph's tongue. Yeah, surprisingly longer than you'd expect.
I caught Baby S off guard, but look at that tie/cardigan coupling...
Very dapper, indeed!

We ate skewered meats and fried pockets of yummy stuff!

There is a mirror picture of me on Chris' camera.
I'm not that excited to see it.

I had a crispy tangy pork dish.
You can imagine the euphemisms that resulted.

Chris hammered down a gratuitous amount of Jack & Cokes.
But it was warranted - he's 34!

Twin Dragon served us some complimentary plum wine with maraschino cherries...

And brought out a tray of fortune AND almond cookies with a festive sparkler!
The host at the restaurant must have known that we were a group of salty, filth mouths because he gave us the "dirty" fortune cookies.
I can't remember them all, but I'm pretty sure that Chris' said, "Navajo erection is a scrotum pole".
Yeah, both offensive and hilarious!

The best part was that our waiter sang "Happy Birthday" to Chris in Chinese.
Quite an honor!

The post party went down at the Roslyn.
You remember this place right?

Joel showed up to do amazing Will Ferrell impressions!

Birthday cake.

We drank beers, gabbed about funny stuff, and enjoyed each other's company!

That's what you're supposed to do when you celebrate your birthday!
Hope it was a good one, Chris!

No comments: