Thursday, January 1, 2009

All You Have And All You Have To Give

Remember this place from the last post?
Well, Maura suggested that we start our night, for NYE, at the Candlelight Tavern and it was as precisely awesome as I thought it would be!

Here's MB working a totally great new "little black dress" and bright pink leggings.
As far as I'm concerned we were both visions of lady-like poise. Sadly, our cackles and sing-a-longs to 'Run to the Hills' by Iron Maiden canceled out any class we walked in with.

The clientele was interesting at The Candlelight Tavern.
Not so much old man bar, but something like it...a handful of upwardly mobile yuppie types, a couple awesome middle aged lady Budweiser pounders, and some hipstery scene checkers.
Still, the burgers are outta sight and the bartender was wearing the most glamorous man bracelets I have ever seen.

We had to bail though because we had a date at this great joint.

Forever favorite person, Jess was waiting for us with her fellow Jake.
She looks great in red lipstick and Maura mentioned something about Jess having velvet eyes - totally true.

Askimbo (RIP) was playing. They've been a band for something like 16 years and they are all super talented musicians.
Long live the North Side!

This guy is Dr. Pheel Good.
Please go to his cd release party at the Oriental Theater!

I spent most of the night sitting next to Jess cracking up.
One of the more delightful topics we bandied between us was about wearing underwear while you're sick.
It's just a good idea.


Baby Sitters Club.

On a three way call.

Noir Novel Cover.


The moments ticked by and soon we were being poured champagne and counting down the seconds to 2009.


Nick was there...
In 2009, I intend to grow my new favorite person list!

At midnight, we all handed out smooches, hugs, and thank yous.
I'm so appreciative for what I have. I think everyone else was thinking the same thing.


We also threw back some sparkling wines.

Especially MB.


I got the last of this bottle.

Soon after, we headed to a house party.
I didn't take a lot of pictures because I thought I left my purse in the car. I didn't. It was sitting in a chair in the living room approximately 10 ft. away from me.

Doesn't matter though...because I was distracted by Jess again about the following topics:

SHAMWOW (not only it's obvious practical purposes, but it's ability to wipe away personal, emotional pain)
SNUGGIE (my anger and concern regarding the location of the Snuggie I ordered 3 weeks ago)
Gingerbread man repair

And finally tap dancing...


Thankfully, Anna aka Onemanna was there and showed us a couple of steps.
Onemanna also has a show coming up (I linked her MySpace page above)! GO SEE HER, SHE'S GOT CYMBALS ON HER TITTIES!

I'm pretty sure that Jess and I agreed, at 2 in the morning, that we were taking a tap dance class together at the Lakewood Cultural Center.

And to me, that's the perfect way to end a year...

What did you do?
Tell me about it...because I missed you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just like tell you that I had an amazing night, most of which I forgot until reading your blog. I laughed, and cried a little... especially about wearing underwear while being sick.

On another note, Jake and I ended the night shortly after you, but not before I banged the side of my head into the side of his truck while trying to get in.

Today I took two aspirin and a cold hard look at a hangover in the shower.

Tap dancing in '09 is soooooo on! Your the best!!!! Stay golden!

Becky Hensley said...

OMG, I seriously looked at the Lakewood Cultural Center class booklet and I'm in for the tap class...if you are!

ADVENTURERS 2009!

xox

Chris said...

I did nothing. But you already knew that.

Becky Hensley said...

Well, if you ever roll through Denver...you're welcome to our Iron Maiden sing-a-long!

xox

Maura said...

It was an amazing evening! As you demanded...carefree and laughter! I love reflecting on memories in your pictures. And I love having a lady to go beyond the call of duty nursing my hang over the next day! Again, I am so appreciative...
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

Thank you...and my pleasure MB! I saved the really GOOD pictures for a private email! ;)

Also, thanks providing my 1st biggest laugh of 2009 by remembering me talking about loving the satisfying feeling of cutting hard boiled eggs.

I still can't believe how your brain captured that!

xox

Maura said...

At some moments I can really laugh at my DRUNK DRUNK brain!
klovemaura