Wednesday, December 31, 2008

You Get Sadder The Smarter You Get And It's A Bore

The night before I left for Cheyenne, I had dinner with Baby S.
We went to Thai Basil, but I really want to go here sometime.
Anyone interested?

Sweet thing got a hair cut...I think he looks fantastic!
He accompanied me as I delivered goody bags to all my faves...thank heavens he was there too. I had a small, but seriously obsessive compulsive freak out about cookies while at Doug and Steph's.

The next day I met up with my mom at our house in Cheyenne...

Mom and I purposely found several things to keep us busy.
I decided to FINALLY sit down and make a ridiculous knitted mohawk hat that I've been meaning to complete for 2 years. Evidence below.
Also cranked out a pair of earrings...and I've never made jewelry before! I'm kind of a natural at it...just sayin'.

Yeah, I learned this pose off America's Next Top Model.
I'm smiling with my eyes!

One of our family traditions is to eat potato soup on Christmas Eve. This is pretty much one of the most comforting things in the world to me.
Mom makes it best.



Another family tradition is to try to put away as many mimosas as two ladies can on Christmas Day. We knocked out two bottles of champagne!
In our defense, we were celebrating! Mom FINALLY sold that blasted house in Cheyenne. Those of you that are tight with our fam know what a relief this is!



Mom had hung our stockings that she made way back when I was a munchkin.



While I was crafting my ass off...Mom was puzzling...
This particular puzzle was maddening and I sat down to help for a moment and then lost my patience and bailed on her.


This was precisely the kind of leisure that I had been needing...
Home cooked meals, hang outs with my mom, and connecting to my familial base.

I meant to take more pictures of Cheyenne...my home town. I intend to go back to Cheyenne again before Mom closes on the house to get some good ones, but in the meantime...here's some good examples of how weird a place it is.


Saddles!




Sheesh.

I know. I should have bought this.
I'm still kicking myself in the ass.

I did manage to pick up a handful of great books and super awesome $4.00 vintage mirror.


Scary.

It's a mixed bag, friends...and I realize this is sort of a half-assed entry, but I'm going to take a nap before the any NYE stupidity starts.

No comments: