Monday, December 8, 2008

And When It Comes It Will Feel Like A Kiss

I had plans to go see Baby S's new place...
But when the snow is falling and there's a steady breeze - it's hard not to want to be at home in PJ pants. Content.

So, I put my hat, scarf, and warm cuddly coat on...and trudged down the road to Benny's for some Green Chili to eat while watching Gossip Girl.

It was actually lovely out there. It's not freezing cold...the cloud cover is like a hazy cap over the sky.


And the snow is collecting...at first, round icy pebbles that drilled my face and glasses, but now...something more delicate and insistent.


Benny's was packed, per its uzjhe, and when I stepped up to the bar I knew I'd lament not staying for one of their delish margaritas.
Alas, I was edging ever closer to my Gossip Girl start time. Chuck Bass was calling my name in his strange over-enunciated way...my siren call, you might say.


Still, the sky was perfect for stopping to take pics at my favorite house in the neighb.
This old place is in the oddest spot and it sticks out like a sore, haunted, creepy thumb.


I'm constantly plagued by who lives here...wishing I could befriend them and be granted permission to explore their home. I've peeked in the windows before and trespassed a bit...but I can't help myself.

I guess it's not winter, but close, eh?

I settled in with a glut of Mexican food and became absorbed with poor Chuck Bass' plight.
I'll admit...I got a little tear jerked this episode.


And now, it's quiet here.
Quiet except for the sound of cars passing on the slush lined streets.

Is it cold and snowy where you are?
Tell me about it...

2 comments:

Chris said...

The cold and snowy comes tonight. Before, during, and after the rock the mighty fucking LAZERWOLFS will unleash at the Badlander.

I'll tell you all about it.

The cold and snow, I mean.

Becky Hensley said...

Tell me about the snow, cold, AND the show!

xox