Sunday, January 24, 2010

Call Me Marka

First, I just want to say...I love my neighb.
This is my liquor store!
And indeed...the beer is cold and the clerks are handsome - and they know their stuff wine wise.
Go check 'em Denverites!
Corner of 6th & Pearl!

So, I met up with Darling Meg, Chris, and Steph at the Denver Museum of Natural History.

We wanted to see the Genghis Khan exhibit before it leaves the city forever!
P.S. it ends on February 7th! Get your tail over there!

Chris, the supreme photo ninja...

If someone wants to take these two photos and animate them to show Chris in and out of the frame...I'd greatly appreciate it.

Steph and I flipped back and forth between the two pictures while reviewing the pictures on my camera...and we laughed for a long time!

They wouldn't let me take any pictures in the exhibit...so, this is all you get to see...
We're all pretty cute, but you should go check Genghis out!

Some things that I learned...that I remember?
The mongols were very small people.
They drank horse blood and ate their own lice.
They lived in yurts.

The museum is cool...I think I need to go back!
Anyone interested in going with me?!

We stopped at The Elm to quench our fierce thirst and hunger.

We got the Jackie Chan and Aaliyah table.

The pinnacle of gentlemanly behavior.

Sweet couple of married folks!

Steph, of course, is a bad ass.

BOOM!

And me...swilling a Stella!

We were supposed to meet up with my pal Dia for her birthday, but the plan sort of fell to pieces.
Happy Birthday Delicious DIA!

A strange and disappointing turn of events.

However, Steph and I were able to hook up with a plate filled with fruit and goat cheese...

And the always delightful Pilsner Urquell!

No matter what...good stuff finds me.
I might have my doubts that it will happen, but inevitably, I find myself exactly where I'm supposed to be with people that make me happy!

Hope you're as lucky as me!
Come hang out - you'll see...

2 comments:

Maura said...

How many people can say that they've photo ninjad Ghengis Khan?
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

GOOD POINT!

xox