Friday, March 6, 2009

Look Out, Look Out From Over the Rooftop

It's strange, I know, wasting time in an internet cafe when I could be out in the city running around.
Still, I just caught up briefly with my variety of internet haunts and I'm wowed by how little anything truly changes. Absences occur and people come and go...and things keep on ticking and the flow flows on.

London is amazing. Brilliant. It's like home.
I want to spend days here just walking and taking it all in.
A week isn't close to enough time. It feels like a jip almost.

I'll go into more detail later, but the jet lag stole valuable hours away from me initially, but after all that I was able to dig in and go nuts.
And I have.

I hit museums...was brought to tears by pieces of art that I have been idealizing for years.
I've eaten and drank local specialties...
I've dreamily stared as Brits spoke to one another with that accent that literally woos me in every way.

There are so many tales to tell, but surprisingly less pictures than I anticipated.
I thought I would be insatiably capturing every moment, but was shocked to keep my camera in my pocket and I let the images stamp themselves inside of me.

Sure, I've got a lot of pics...many of which I will post when I drag my ass back to Denver, CO USA.

Tomorrow. I leave tomorrow.
And I'm furious. And I'm already planning my return to this insane city.

BUT...I have to admit...I've been thinking about my bed. I've been thinking about ice cold glasses of water. I've been wishing I could have shared so many things experienced here with all of my friends.

It's been a delightful adventure!
I'm a lucky girl!

Back soon...promise...
xox

No comments: