Thursday, March 26, 2009

SNOW DAY UPDATE

This morning, on the way to work, it was just sort of dreary and wet.

At work, all of us sort of sat at our desks, nervous.

On the 6th floor, you can see the weather rolling in..
And when the wind whipped up and we couldn't see the buildings nearest to our building, my boss told us to go home.

My drive was treacherous...

..but not as bad as co-worker Adam.
It took him 2 1/2 hours just to get home.

I did stop at the grocery and the liquor store.
I needed supplies - and by supplies...I mean booze.

A view of the street from my apartment building.




From my window...
Those sad suckers! Driving is a bitch!


Happily...I have a lasagna to cook...
And some red wine to sip!
Bundle up, Denver babies! And be careful!

Also, quickly - my downstairs neighbor just moved in about a month ago...and he's, apparently, hearing impaired. I know this because he plays his radio and TV so loud...and most of the time I can hear him talking on his phone about whatever lame shit he cares about.

My question:
What to do? I've complained to my property manager, I've banged on his door (he didn't answer), and now...I've resorted to stomping - which usually works, but he has banged back a time or two or cursed me - which I could hear.
I want to do mean stuff...but I know that's counter productive.
HELP ME! IDEAS?

4 comments:

Maura said...

Offer to share your lasagna with him and discuss the situation over a glass of wine? Is that too nice? I've just started ignoring my neighbor noise...all day...every day.
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

Isn't it terrible when you've been happy and serene with your current life...and then all the sudden, BOOM.
New people come in a erupt all over your peace.

I'm too mad at the guy to go down and discuss anything, right now...

Alas, when all is said and done, it might just be something I'm going to have to suck up...
But not yet.

xox
p.s. You're always a kind voice of reason...keep bringing that, okay?

Chikrock said...

Make him some Exlax brownies........

Becky Hensley said...

Tempting...

Thinking about dropping a few at my upstairs neighbor's door too.

Everyone is a jackass!

xox