Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Way You Want To Get Rid Of Me Makes Me Weak In The Knees

On Friday the 13th, I visited my tattoo guy, Zez...

He was a doing a tattoo promotion @ his new shop, Newspeak on Colfax.

It's a really cool shop with art materials (particularly for graffiti artists) and is a great space for artists to display their efforts.

The deal, on Friday the 13th, is that you can only pick from the selection that Zez has for you.
No custom tacos or bananas in bikinis.

Co-worker Michelle tagged along and got a paper airplane.

They had some post tattoo celebratory munchies.
I abstained from what Zez called the "Teghetto Sunrise" which was the shop specialty.
Tequila and orange Fanta on ice.
Yikes.

Michelle getting tattooed.

These are a couple art pieces by Zez.
Really cool stuff...I love that JeZez.

Final product!
Hurray! It's whimsical!

Zez decided to draw my tattoo on me directly - rather than using a stencil.
I trust the guy, so...what he says goes!

The spot!

Sadly, I look like I am getting a really disappointing surprise.
I was way more excited than I look.
The initial pain caught me off guard, but by the time I was used to it - he was done.

Unlucky ladder.

Later, Baby S and I went to grab a little nosh before we headed back to see Zez.
Spencer decided he wanted a tattoo as well.

Strangely, when we split our dinner...it came to exactly $13.00 respectively.
Eerie!

Obligatory tattoo paperwork...

Alright, so while Spencer was getting tattooed, I let Zez mix me up a "Teghetto Sunrise".
He poured a surprisingly stiff cocktail for a guy that doesn't drink!

Baby S got a lucky rabbit's foot.

Post tattoo - we hit the P.S. Lounge.
Love that place - all the ladies get a rose and a shot upon arrival...
AND...the owner must have liked our faces because he bought us a shot before we left!

We did have to hit the road though...The Swanks and King Rat were playing over at stinky old Benders!

Rex aka Old Man River strapped on his axe and The Swanks started their set!

Shanda Boo!

Mama Kel was maniacally texting me with threatening diatribes until I arrived at the show.
One of my faves, for reals, forev.

Have you not seen The Swanks before?
That's weird.
You should check them out. Check that guy out in the bottom left...that's what happens to you when you see them play! NO JOKE.

Baby S and Anthony!
Anthony bought me a drink! What a kind gentleman!

Phillip...professional!

Rex killin' it.

Look, it's the ever-busy TJ and sweet Gina!

And there's Steph! She was taking it easy...she had an appointment with Cozumel, Mexico the next morning!

The Swanks set was perfect...and I'm honored to note that Shanda dedicated 'Scars' to me!

Also, I love that Rex has a pedal called "DEATH METAL DISTORTION"!

So much fun!

Some cuties that I love!

Up next was my other favorite fart butts...
King Rat!

Ant face.

I know Ant's not working any "hanky code", but everytime I see a dude with a hanky in his back pocket...I think of this:
HANKY CODE

Luke face.

Douglet face.

Hope you're having fun sunning yer buns, Ms. Bastard!

Who is this nutty guy?

Why did I take pictures of him?

Mikey Rat face.


King Rat was great...as usual.
They're a really tight band and they've been doing this for long enough to really pack a punch!

Here's a little video...I'm sure the sound is AS BAD as The Bronx & F*cked Up footage, but it's my blog - I do what I want.



After the show was over, Mama Kel and Rex carted my sad ass home.
CURSE YOU "TEGHETTO SUNRISE"!

2 comments:

Maura said...

What the heck is up with Rex's beard? It's huge and starting to turn lumberjackish...
lovemaura

Becky Hensley said...

Yeah, Kel told me he shaved it off.

I'm assuming all my passing comments about him being "Old Man River" paid off...

;)

xox